marți, 26 februarie 2013

My Favorite Highlighters

I was planning to do this post for a few days now but the weather and implicitly the lighting has been awful and let's just say that I don't own the most performant camera in the world. So the plan is to write the post today ( I'm going to include photos from the Internet so you can relate to the products) and take my own photos with swatches and upload the tomorrow. Bear with me!! :) And by the way, in a few days' time I am going to proceed with my favorite bronzers and blushes, so stay tuned for that if you are on the market for a new bronzer and blush!

Highlighters  

I am going to start with the highlighters because I developed an obsession for them in the last few months. Here are my top picks, the ones I cannot live without, in descending order.

4. E.L.F. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

  • I have to admit, the reason I bought this is because I heard it was a dupe for Nars Albatross but I ended up loving it!! I don't own the Nars blush to confirm it, but from swatches I've seen, I gotta say, it's pretty darn close. Gotta Glow is a yellow toned highlighter that gives a beautiful subtle glow applied with a light hand. The only downside to this is the fact that it is a little too powdery for my taste (not chalky though) but for the price I paid it's definitley a steal.
3. Benefit - Girl Meets Pearl
  • This is one of the first highlighters I ever bought. It came in the  Finding Mr. Bright kit by Benefit and I have the mini version of this (7.5 ml) but it's lasting me ages! It is an iridescent light pink that blends beautifully into the skin, leaving only a pretty healthy golden glow. I go with this when I want more of a subtle highlight colour that doesen't look too overwhelming and that doesn't clash with a stronger eye or lip.
2. MAC Cream Colour Base - Hush
  • This is fairly similar to Girl Meets Pear but it lacks that iridescent speck to it, being more of a frost. This is a cream product and it is oficially described as a "Soft peach with icy shimmer" and I couldn't agree more. The formula of this is amazing, as it melts into the skin effortlessly and it doesn't sit on the skin. I bought this last summer and I have already hit pan on it. Love this!
1. The Balm - Mary-Lou Manizer
  • I can't stress enough how perfect this product is. It is so versatile! When applied with light hand, it gives the softest, most gorgeous golden glow but when you pile layer it on..BAM! It makes the skin look radiant and angelic and gives it the candlelit glow that we are all after. It looks beautifully on the top of the cheek, under the browbone, in the inner corner of the eye, literally anywhere! I even use it as an all-over eyeshadow colour, apply a coat of mascara and I'm out the door! Holly grail material!


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu